15 Oct ‘Comuniti’ is Ready to Educate on Sustainable Development Targets in 2030
Education plays an important role in achieving sustainable development by empowering a person’s mindset about the importance of doing activities/work by paying attention to the future in a sustainable manner. People need to acquire basic knowledge in order to have the abilities, values, and attitudes. The increasing human population causes the problems to become more complex. These problems can be in the form of environmental damage, ecosystem imbalances, excessive gas emissions, and others. Therefore, there are SDGs (sustainable development goals) as an effort to realize sustainable development programs.
Here is an organization that is active in participating in the SDGs program. Please pay attention!
‘Comuniti’ as an organization to increase knowledge
Comuniti is an organization that is active in following various sustainable development goals. They try to participate in providing knowledge about the importance of implementing the SDGs. They involve various parties to provide this knowledge, these parties include: students, youth, social entrepreneurs, researchers, professionals, and non-professionals. In addition, they also have a blog that contains articles on various current SDGs issues.
Comuniti has 3 missions, that is educate, conduct interviews, and community development. The first mission was about education, it was explained in the discussion above that Comuniti provides a lot of education through the articles it publishes. The second mission is interviewing young leaders and professionals about global goals. With this interview, it is hoped that we will have a clear view of sustainable development. The third mission is community development, this organization seeks to carry out community development with national and international volunteers. From this explanation, it is clear that the community involves various parties to create sustainable development.
Why is learning about SDGs important?
SDGs is a wise development step for the community. This is because the goal of sustainable development is to improve the quality of life of people around the world, both from present and future generations, without exploiting the use of natural resources that exceed the capacity and carrying capacity of the earth. SDG consists of 17 goals and 169 targets, which include:
- Poverty – end poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Food – end hunger, achieve food security, improve nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Health – ensure
- Education – ensure a healthy life and promote health/well-being for all and at all ages
- Women – achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Water – ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all human beings
- Energy – ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Economy – promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth, full participation in productive work, decent work for all
- Infrastructure – builds strong infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, support innovation
- Inequality – reduce inequality within and between countries
- Habitation – build cities and human settlements that are inclusive, safe, durable/strong, and sustainable
- Consumption – ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Climate – take urgent action steps to address climate change and its impacts
- Marine ecosystem – protect marine resources sustainably for sustainable development
- Ecosystem – protect restore and promote sustainable use of Earth’s ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, halt and reverse soil degradation, and loss of biodiversity
- Institutions – creating peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, providing access to justice, building effective, accountable and inclusive institutions, at all levels
- Sustainability – strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
How much do Indonesians understand about SDGs?
Indonesia has nine years left to achieve the target of sustainable development goals by 2030. President Joko Widodo has emphasized the cooperation of various parties to accelerates development. Such cooperation must be accompanied by an understanding of various parties regarding the situation, knowledge, development plans and targets.
In fact, the sgd2030indonesia news revealed that based on a public understanding study conducted from March to May 2021, there is a potential for cooperation fractures in realizing the SDGs goals from the perspective of public understanding. This is evidenced by the dominance of messengers and the battle of discourse between parties in interpreting SDGs and seeing their achievements This lack of cooperation is increasingly evident from the results of online questionnaires, which indicate the lack of citizen involvement due to the lack of information on how citizens can participate. The cause of this lack of cooperation could be due to a gap in understands between the various parties involved.